Wednesday, 18 May 2011

Kizzie's Mayfly Emerger

Kizzie's Mayfly Emerger
Kizzie's Mayfly Emerger

This is tied on a Partridge Klinkhamer Extreme 15BNX #14. Pearsall's primrose silk well waxed, a few pheasant tail barb tips as a tail, 5lb Mono coloured brown with a pentone pen as a rib, and a mid-dun genetic cock hackle tied as a reverse parachute.

The light dubbing is mostly my saluki bitch Kizzie's fur, mixed with a pinch of yellow and green seal's fur. I've used Kiz's fur for a few flies now, and it seems to work well -we've caught a lot of trout together! It is very soft to work with and easy to dub. She often sleeps under my fly tying desk when I am tying, so all I have to do is reach down and take a pinch. She doesn't seem to mind...

Kizzie
Kizzie

Have to see how the new pattern works.... hope it's not too good though - could easily end up with a bald saluki!

4 comments:

  1. AWESOME pattern, I just started tying reverse parachutes last week. If you got a chance I have a step by step how to use deer hair for the parachute rather than hackle. You my friend have a new follower

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Dustin - the deer hair trick sounds interesting - you got a link to that?

    ReplyDelete
  3. sure, just paste this in your browser. http://dustinsflybox.blogspot.com/2011/05/reversed-parachute-deer-hair-olive-step.html

    Let me know what you think

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey andrew, Thanks for your comment. Sorry it was not written so clear on the deer hair parachute. Yes I am ribbing it with copper wire. I did revise and clarify it. I tie in the copper for the rib first and just hang out the back. Have fun with the variation!

    ReplyDelete